Now Hiring! Cook Position
The New Love Center is engaged in a ministry where the love of Christ provides for all. Leading our weekday meal ministry program within the larger ministry of The New Love Center is the role of the cook.
- Applicants must be able to pass a background check and will be required to obtain clearances upon being hired
- Have a willingness to complete ServSafe training upon being hired
- Have personal conduct in keeping with Christian living
- Have skills needed for meeting the duties and responsibilities of the position
- Ability and willingness to work with other individuals
- Passion for supporting the mission and focus of the New Love Center
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Schedule is from 7:30am-1:30pm
- Pick up baked good from Weis daily at 7:30am and open the kitchen for other staff and volunteers at 8:00am
- Have weekly menus planned out at least a week in advance
- Prepare meals in accordance with ServSafe guidelines
- Train and supervise volunteers that are involved in our cafe meal ministry
- Clean up kitchen area after the meal
- Keep record of people served daily and temperature logs & freezer logs weekly
- Keep inventory of kitchen/cleaning supplies and inform supervisor of needs on a monthly and/or quarterly basis
- Order food in keeping with our budgetary restrictions from Central PA Food Bank, Dept. of Agriculture, and Gold Star
- Collaborate with Cafe Liaison and Operations Manager on growing the success of the meal ministry program
Conditions of Employment:
- Hours will be under the direction of the The New Love Center board
- Salary will be established and overseen by the The New Love Center board
- Evaluation will be done in a regular and timely fashion.
- If for any reason, the employee or the The New Love Center board wishes to terminate the employment, a two (2) week notice shall be given in writing. If there is gross misconduct, termination may be immediate.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or P.O. Box 504 Jersey Shore, PA 17740.